Class Training Topics
- Chainsaw Safety/Skill assessment
- Proper work Positioning on a spar
- Proper Handling and Starting procedures on a spar
- Precision cutting method from a spar
*Only 20 Hands-On spots available per class / Includes breakfast & lunch
*Must have at least 6 months climbing experience and have completed climber Opts 1 & Climber Opts 2
Personal climbing gear is optional and must pass gear inspection prior to use.
- (PPE) Personal Protective equipment: ie footwear (boots), helmet, work attire, safety glasses and ear protection
- Chainsaw protective pants or chaps
- Climbing Harness / Climbing Rope
- Climbing System and Lanyard/ Flip Line
- Climbing spurs/gaffs
- Rear handle chainsaw 18-32” bar
You are more than welcome to stay in the bunkhouse, which is located on company grounds for free or you can stay in a nearby hotel at your own costs. If you do decide to stay in the bunkhouse please bring a warm sleeping bag and pillow.
Breakfast lunch and dinner will be provided by the Academy.