Feb 6 – March 10, 2023 at Folsom Lake College
Featuring Academy Trained Instructors
Times listed are approximate. Contact Folsom Lake College for more information
Are you looking for an exciting career with excellent compensation? This five-week, 200-hour program, developed by industry leaders, provides trainees the skills necessary to explore a career in arboriculture.
This training is FREE! A $3,000 stipend will be awarded at completion for qualified applicants! Participants who complete this training can expect to earn an average starting wage of $21.63 per hour. Job Placement help is provided!
- 18 years of age or older with a clean driver’s license record
- Applicants must be safety conscious, drug free, able to carry 50 lbs, walk long distances, climb trees, wear heavy protective gear and work in extreme weather conditions and noise
- Working knowledge of English required
Note: A GED or high school diploma is not required
Hands-On Training Includes
- 3-Way Communications
- Tree Identification
- Electrical Hazard Basics
- ANSI Z133 Safety Standards
- Climbing & Bucket Operations
- Chainsaw & Chipper Operations
- Worksite Inspections
Trainees will Receive Certificates In
- NSC Flagger
- OSHA 10
- AHA First Aid & CPR
Folsom Lake College, El Dorado Campus, Placerville, CA
For information or to register, contact Amy at (916) 484-8296 or email ULCAT@losrios.edu.
Sponsored by Butte College, The Training Place